Burt / Ron 2 ( song suggestion)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Burt / Ron 2 ( song suggestion)

Post by Marcel »

First, i hope that mr.Isley is ok after his stroke a few months ago?

What i want to no (maybe there are others too?), is there any news about the follow up from the collaboration between Burt and Ron after Isley meets Bacharach?
As i recall Ron Isley wants to make a second album with the Maestro.
If they would decide to make a follow up, then there would be any suggestions from the fans which numbers they would or should record (just an idea).
My suggestions? "April Fools" or "I made my mind up" ( from Together sang by Michael Mcdonald) or "Where are you" all great songs!
Just a few to mention.
But there are other great songs from the huge catalog.

Kind regards Marcel
Steve S

Songs for Burt and Ron 2

Post by Steve S »

I'd like to see "Lookiing with My Eyes" and "They Don't Give Medals to Yesterday's Heroes" and "Here Where There is Love" on such a follow-up album. Steve S
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

1. Walk Little Dolly

2. Forever My Love

3. Seconds

3. Dream Sweet Dreamer

4. I'm A Better Man

5. Long Ago, Tomorrow

6. Hasbrook Heights

7. The Balance of Nature

8. Come Touch The Sun

9. Stronger Than Before

10. I Cry Alone

11. The Last One To Be Loved

12. In The Land of Make Believe

13. Me Japanese Boy I Love You

14. Let Me Go To Him (Her) (I'm not sure if a man could sing this song)

Post by Guest »

I'm with Marcel, but just not sure if Where Are You would work.

I wonder if one day we'll be able to listen to You've Got It All Wrong, the great new duet for Promises, Promises. Not for Ron, though.

Post by Guest »

I'm surprised that anyone would have any interest in an Isley-Bacharach II. Wasn't the first one boring enough?

Post by Guest »

I think the Album of Bacharach and Isley was justified, brought a new twist to Burt's songs...but some of the songs that have been suggested here for a follow-up, I can't imagine.
One that is one of my personal favorites as an instrmental "Come Touch the Sun.." I don't see Ron doing this one(to Hal David's lyrics he wrote for it)
Some naturally lend themselves to Mr. Isley's interpetation more than others..one of the suprises tho, is how Ron's version of "Raindrops" seemed to work! :o
rasputin

Re: Songs for Burt and Ron 2

Post by rasputin »

Steve S wrote:I'd like to see "Lookiing with My Eyes" and "They Don't Give Medals to Yesterday's Heroes" and "Here Where There is Love" on such a follow-up album. Steve S

Ditto!

Post by Guest »

Isn´t Ron Isley going to be in prison for the next 10 years os so?

Ron Isley

Post by Guest »

Only song Ron will be singing is a remake of Jail House Rock.

LOS ANGELES Nov 1, 2005 (AP)— R&B singer Ronald Isley was convicted of multiple counts of tax evasion Monday and could face up to 26 years in prison when he is sentenced.

A federal jury convicted Isley, 64, of five counts of tax evasion and one count of willful failure to file a tax return, Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas D. Coker said in a statement. Isley's sentencing was set for Jan. 9.

Prosecutors said Isley evaded the IRS by demanding case payments for millions of dollars in performance fees he earned between 1997 and 2002.

He also put homes and a yacht in the names of his then-wife or corporations, and cashed royalty checks belonging to his late brother, O'Kelly Isley, according to the government.

Isley's latest albums, released last year, were a collaboration with Burt Bacharach, titled "Here I Am," and the Grammy-nominated Isley Brothers CD, "Body Kiss."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Ron Isley Update

Post by guest »

What’s up with Singer Ron Isley? He was supposed to be sentenced to jail on tax evasion charges, but, there has been a postponement. At press time, he was still awaiting sentencing. He faces up to 26 years in jail on tax evasion charges and for cashing his dead brother’s royalty checks. In the meantime, The Isley Brothers are about to release a new song, Baby Making Music, but will Ron be around to promote it?