Burt`s Melodic DNA - This is for you, Ron...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Burt`s Melodic DNA - This is for you, Ron...

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

And that`s just a taste. With enough Brooklyn Lager, I could go on all night. Remember...you asked for it.
blueonblue

Re: Burt`s Melodic DNA - This is for you, Ron...

Post by blueonblue »

Here's another....composed by the great Tony Hatch often known as "the British Burt Bacharach"

"blue"
Steve Schenck

Post by Steve Schenck »

Blair, thanks for posting those links. I'd never heard most of them, and while they all hint at a Bacharach influence, none does that moreso than the first, that wonderful "Don't Take Your Time" by Roger and the Small Circle of Friends. What a great song, and what a great example of being influenced by the master!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Hey Blair!

Thanks a million for getting the ball rolling on this topic! ... Start chugging that Brooklyn Lager and keep 'em coming. Also thanks to you - "blue" for the Trent link!

I'll mix myself a Manhattan and start going through my iTunes Library to see if I can make some worthwhile contributions. ........ My musical horizons are already "e x p a n d i n g"

THANK YOU again!

Ron
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Blair, also from "Nearly Human" one of my favorite Todd Rundgren albums, here is "Feel It":

And the 1968 album, "Roger Nichols & the Small Circle Of Friends" had only been available as an expensive Japanese import. In 2005, Rev Ola, a British import label released it with extensive liner notes by Steve Stanley. Lots of info in there including this:
"It's Hard to Say Goodbye" from Claudine Longet is the first composition from the team of Paul Williams & Roger Nichols!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Another haunting melody from the brilliant Roger Nichols...

"blue"
irritable

Post by irritable »

Donald Fagen - a little known track for an animated movie - with the classic Bacharach Lydian chord - most noticeable when the vocals kick in.