R.I.P.-Whitney Houston

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

R.I.P.-Whitney Houston

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Whitney Houston has died at age 48. My thoughts and prayers are extended to her mother, Cissy, her cousin, Dionne, her boss, Clive, her family, friends, and many, many fans.
GehVorbei

Re: R.I.P.-Whitney Houston

Post by GehVorbei »

What sad and unexpected news to wake up to here on a sunny Sunday morning in Germany. Her musical legacy is tremendous, her voice was one of the greatest ever. And now looking back she also was more of an innovator than she was given credit for. Her style influenced everyone to come after her. RIP Whitney!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Once again we are reminded of the fact that talent, fame and fortune does not exempt anyone from the human frailties we all share. Whitney was fortunate to have the support of family and friends throughout her life. Over the past several years her cousin - Dionne Warwick always spoke positively when asked about how Whitney was addressing her personal problems. .... Much will be said about her in the coming days and weeks. .... Let's leave that to the tabloids and simply celebrate Whitney's musical legacy. May all the pleasant memories of Whitney be a source of comfort to her mother Cissy Houston, her daughter Bobbi, brother Michael, cousin Dionne, mentor Clive Davis and all her other family members and friends.
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Ms. Houston & Dionne Warwick, "Love Will Find a Way":