Jessie Baylin

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bill Minnick

Jessie Baylin

Post by Bill Minnick »

Jessie's a new-to-the-scene singer-songwriter who crafts songs in a style that I think may appeal to my fellow Bacharach admirers. Take a few minutes and give a listen to her somewhat Burt-like song "Hurry Hurry."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessie_Baylin
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: Jessie Baylin

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Bill, Thanks for the link. Have never heard of her until now and love her already! Caught her on Jay Leno tonight and the audience's response was quite affirming. You're right-sounds very Bacharachian. Reminds me of some of the other smooth, mellow voices like A Girl Called Eddy, Ceu, and Chiara Civello (who co-wrote "Trouble" with Burt). I'm going tomorrow and pick it up (on Verve/Forecast). Long live C/D's!
Steve Schenck

Post by Steve Schenck »

Here's "Trouble." Very nice, indeed. Had never heard it, nor heard of it.

Bill Minnick

Post by Bill Minnick »

Thanks for the link, Steve. That's actually Chiara's second recording of the song. I believe that it first appeared on her debut album in '05. The new recording, I think, benefits as a result of the bigger, lusher approach taken this time around.