Dionne's hugely successful UK 50th anniversary tour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

gillanddon

Dionne's hugely successful UK 50th anniversary tour

Post by gillanddon »

Dionne's 50th anniversary tour inthe UK has been so successful .. all the crits on local media etc and feedback from audiences to packed out play houses in major concert halls all over the country have been overwhelming in praising her warm and loving performances. Even on wet and windy evenings competing with the Queen's Jubilee festivities. I'm so thrilled by this as in her concert she features all of her Burt and Hal songs with loving care. Her voice is in good form too. At the Albert Hall in London for 'The Hunger Project' she sang .. altho' it's not a Bacharach song, but requires the most vocal output, 'I'll Never Love This Way Again' amazingly. Single spot light and seated on a chair with Rob Shrock behind her, her band and the London Philharmonia and three very classy backup singers and the London Community Gospel Choir brought the whole 5,000 odd people to their feet! What more can you say? They wouldn't let her leave and I was there !! Reports are that she is having the same success all over the this the country. Had to put this post in to spell any months of doom and gloom about Dionne's performance .. go out AND SEE HER LIVE!!!
Nikray

Re: Dionne's hugely successful UK 50th anniversary tour

Post by Nikray »

Yes I have been watching the clips and reading the reviews as well. Reminds me of a recent clip within the year of the huge audience at the end of Dionne's appearance in Canada. Whatever is left in Dionne's creative tank at this point for sure audiences still love to see her. I wish her only the best!