"Dionne" (Arista-1979) being re-issued

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

"Dionne" (Arista-1979) being re-issued

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Dionne's 1979 Arista release entitled "Dionne" will be re-issued by BBR Records on August 27, 2012. This album contains two (2) award-winning Grammy singles: "I'll Never Love This Way Again" and "Déja Vu". Each song on that album was a potential hit. No word on if any bonus tracks will be included. Wish she, Clive, and Barry would team up again to bring us some post-"Now" magic!
gillanddon

Re: "Dionne" (Arista-1979) being re-issued

Post by gillanddon »

Yes, that was an amazing recording and great come back for Dionne Warwick. I remember my heart leaping for joy on hearing that wonderful, deeper, more confident voice on those brilliant tracks.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

While nothing compares to Dionne's Bacharach/David years, I still love the Dionne/Arista years of songs. She had some great and wonderfully-written songs during that period. The world should get re-acquainted with those songs, too. I wish she had recorded more H-D-H songs, too. I loved the "Just Bein' Myself" album and I wished she had done a lot more with H-D-H.
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

I competely agree enormous Burt fan! In my opinion Dionne completely came into her own in later years post Burt Bacharach and Hal David and in fact achieved even greater success and more universal acclaim from there. Her great songs and albums with Arista and Clive Davis ... with Luther Vandross, the Bee Gees, Barry Manilow, to name but a few, contain stunning songs which hopefully the test of time will maintain. I could list at least 20 of the songs here but I'm sure you are well aware of them.