Dionne Warwick ...... "NOW"

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BachtoBacharach

Re: Dionne Warwick ...... "NOW"

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Ok this isn't exactly all hell breaking loose as it's only a song but here goes. For me, it's disappointing to put it mildly and makes me a little sad. The production sounds little better than a karaoke track to me. I think that was one thing that was so exciting about the Cahn album; it was recorded live in real time with actual instruments in the studio and Dionne is in her element in front of a live orchestra. As much as I admire Dionne for still putting herself out there, I've heard this remake and it only makes me appreciate her original more, so from that standpoint, I guess it's a good thing.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Sorry Pards,

Is There Anybody Out There
It Was Almost Like a Song

News song By Bacharach-David in Warwicks's new cd "Now"?

Ciao
Bye
Roberto
Roberto Pinardi

NO Bacharach-David in the cd:

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=80871

Roberto
Roberto Pinardi

Is There Anybody Out There (Bacharach/Bettis/Ingram/Johnson)
1995 sung by Mari Iiijima!

ciao
bye
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Roberto:

You are CORRECT - there is no "new" Bacharach/David recording! ....... Unless I missed something - the most recent BB/HD/DW "new" recordings were 1999's ... "On My Way" ... from the "Isn't She Great" movie soundtrack - and - 1993's ... "Sunny Weather Lover" ... from Dionne's Arista CD "Friends Can Be Lovers".
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

From that same OST, "Isn't She Great", there's a beautiful Burt Bacharach/Hal David composition entitled "Open Your Heart" sung by Vanessa Williams. As I've stated before, not only do I love the entire contents of this CD, I especially love the way it was recorded--digitally (SPAR code DDD). Wish ALL CD's would include this code as it most often would determine if I'd purchase it or not. Long live the CD!