Original Song

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BB4LIFE

Original Song

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hello Everyone,

This is my latest "creation." I'm pretty proud of it. Lyrically I'm always inspired by Hal David. I think in this particular song I kept things quite simple as far as the lyrics go. I just came up with it during the last week or so. But I really spent a good amount of time on it in the wee small hours of the morning (this morning). I'm exhausted now and need to sleep. But I wanted to share it with anyone who might care to watch it.

Thanks and take care.

BB4LIFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPEXwcF ... ature=plcp
geoff85

Re: Original Song

Post by geoff85 »

Really good. I hear the BB/HD influences. I am not sure what your full instrumentation would consist of or whether you would keep it stripped down like that but it would be interesting to see what it would sound like finished. You and the song have alot of potential.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour BB4LIFE;

OK when are you going to cut a CD with your songs?!

Keep it coming!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
BB4LIFE

Post by BB4LIFE »

Geoff - Thank you very much. I'd definitely have to put some strings in there somewhere. I love strings and piano together. Maybe I'll get around to doing it one of these days. Thanks again for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Vincent - I don't know man? Someday...perhaps, haha. Take care.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

This song is so great I don't know what else to say. You can tell you are a true Bacharach fan. I would take out the cheap midi instrument though. If you replace that you have a masterpiece.