Dionne's new album "Feels so Good"

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Downtown

Dionne's new album "Feels so Good"

Post by Downtown »

Still a little skeptical about the project but some great hip hop producers on that one:

Dionne Warwick enlists Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo for duets set
Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY 5:03 a.m. EST December 6, 2013
Stevie Wonder, Cee Lo Green and Ziggy Marley also join the legendary songbird on 'Feels So Good,' set for release in May on her son's new label.

Singer Dionne Warwick had little trouble summoning partners for her upcoming duets album. That's what friends are for.

She's paired with Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo and Stevie Wonder on Feels So Good, a duets album set for release in May. The Grammy Hall of Famer also links voices with Ziggy Marley and Cee Lo Green on the 10-track project, a combination of new songs and classic covers.

Warwick, 72, worked with producers Swizz Beatz, Jack Splash, Jesse "Corporal" Wilson and her son, Damon Elliott. Feels So Good will be released on the newly formed Damon Elliot Music Group label in partnership with Caroline. In addition to scoring numerous films, Elliott has worked with Beyoncé, Pink, Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera.

Additional artists and song titles will be announced soon. Check here for updates.

"I'm thrilled to release a new project with some of today's great singers and songwriters," Warwick said in a statement. "Throughout my career, I've always enjoyed creating music through collaboration and this experience has been no different. The fresh energy with these artists, producers and my new label is truly inspiring."

Warwick has sold more than 150 million records in a career stretching back 50-plus years. Best known for such hits as That's What Friends Are For, Alfie, Walk On By, (Theme From) Valley of the Dolls and I Say a Little Prayer, she's had 56 singles reach the Billboard Hot 100.
Downtown

Re: Dionne's new album "Feels so Good"

Post by Downtown »

Now there's a cover, too. Nice touch that it is referencing her piano-playing...
Attachments
feelsogood2-300x300.jpg
feelsogood2-300x300.jpg (22.53 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

For all who thought there might not be another "new" Warwick CD - the countdown for its release has begun. ……… Those 4 previously unrecorded (David & Bacharach) tracks by Dionne on the "NOW" project attest to her ability to still "deliver" with the proper production and arrangements. The late Phil Ramone did a remarkable job on those tracks and can be credited along with Dionne for the nomination of "NOW' for a Grammy! ….. Hopefully the same attention to detail will be paid by the producers enlisted for this project. ……… Heard that she was in the studio recording with Earth, Wind & Fire several months ago. … Hopefully they will soon be announced as collaborators along with the other big names associated with "FEELS SO GOOD"
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

I don't know where Dionne's sudden association with the Cyruses is coming from. Suddenly they seem to be together everywhere.

Here is Billy Ray Cyrus duetting on his new single with Dionne...A fairly average song, still I like that Dionne is doing something at this point in her career she wanted to do for so long: Going country.

It seem more duets are coming from these two.