Dionne 72-Dionne and 73 Albums now available

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Dionne 72-Dionne and 73 Albums now available

Post by vincent.cole »

:D '72-DIONNE-last album produced by bacharach and david and '73-JUST BEING MYSELF-produced by holland dozier holland is now available EXCLUSIVELY at david nathans website NOW!!

http://www.soulmusic.com/
Take care;

Vincent
Ron

Post by Ron »

Hey Vincent:

You got word before I did! Just received my e-mail from David Nathan informing me my package had been sent. Hopefully we'll be listening to those re-mastered Warner albums this weekend.
vincent.cole

Reply: Ron

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Ron;

I have a inside source!

Can't wait to hear the CDs also!

Take care mon ami! 8)

Vincent
ron

Post by ron »

Mine arrived TODAY. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND VINCENT and everyone else as well!
Blair N. Cummings

DW`s `72 album

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I received the `72 Dionne album today and got to hear it for the first time in over thirty years. It is as I recalled it: a little subdued and more than a little padded. But it contains Be Aware, the only justification it needs - one of Burt`s most perfect achievements.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Blair:

I recall reading something back in the 70's that Burt initially offered "Be Aware" to Barbra Streisand and that she turned it down. Anyone know anything about that?
Blair N. Cummings

Be Aware

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Burt supposedly wrote Be Aware for BS who performed it with him on one of his early `70s tv specials but for some reason never recorded it.
Bill

"Dionne"

Post by Bill »

Got my copy in time for the weekend and am enjoying it immensely. Like the other posters, I particularly like "Be Aware." What a profoundly moving song; it gives me a lump in the throat every time I hear it. If there was ever a Nobel issued for a song..."Be Aware" was certainly worthy of consideration.

Post by Guest »

DIONNE (72) IS PURE MAGIC FROM BEGINNING TO END
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D