The Man, Himself

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

The Man, Himself

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Mark,
Has there ever been any indication that Burt troubles himself to check out this site? Not that it matters; just curious.

Post by Guest »

burt's "people" have said that they come here occasionally but that he does not. i know that he appreciates it and mark...i heard him tell his assistant to" put the latest tour dates on the web site"
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi Blair,

I think Guest pretty much sums it up. I'd like to think that maybe, at some point, Burt has been in the room while someone has had the site up on his or her computer screen, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Burt's tour manager, Sue, told me she's got the site bookmarked, and Rob Shrock and David Crigger said they visited the site occasionally, but that's probably as close to "the man himself" as the site gets.
gabba

Post by gabba »

anyway...LONG LIFE TO BURT!!!!
Ron

Post by Ron »

This reminds me of the typical "NO" response given by celebrities when asked if they ever read the tabloids or anything else that is written about them.
Believe it or not - THEY DO! This is a very positive forum and you can be certain that Burt is aware of much of what is written here (whether he views it on his own or his "PEOPLE" keep him informed). Why wouldn't he be interested? He obviously cares about his fans. He's always gracious in their presence before and after his concerts and he continues to perform even though he's not promoting album releases and certainly does not need the money!
vincent.cole

Reply: Ron

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Ron;

You make some good points on if Burt checks this site.

Human nature being what it is, you could be right!
Take care;

Vincent