mark, are you ok?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark, are you ok?

Post by Guest »

mark,
where are you? hope you,your wife and allyour family are safely out somewhere.....so sorry about your beautiful city and all who lived there...praying for you
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks for thinking of me. Laurie and I evacuated to Lafayette, La., to stay with relatives. We're safe and our families are safe. I have no idea whether our apartment is dry or under 15 feet of water, but at this stage the most important thing is to get relief to New Orleans. There are thousands of people--including infants and elderly, infirmed people--running perilously short of food and water and the federal government appears to be overwhelmed by the magnitude of the problem. We need to evacuate people to Texas and elsewhere immediately or else thousands will certainly die. Please pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina and if possible make a donation to the Red Cross.
gabba

Post by gabba »

Dear Mark..i did'nt know you were so close to such a disaster..my thoughts are with you and your family.I hope everything will be fine briefly.Thanks again to keep alive this site particularly in this moment,and sorry if i did'nt write you before to tell you some words of friendship.ALL THE BEST!!!gabba
Vincent Cole

Post by Vincent Cole »

:D Mark;

Nice to hear that you and your family are OK!!!

I just hope aid comes quickly for the 1000's of other people!!!

Vincent
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Mark, I`m sincerely relieved to know that you and yours are safe. Up here in the northeast (and recently back from NYC), I can only imagine the reality of what you`re all facing. I know I speak for all of us regulars at the site in wishing you and all afflicted by this tragedy the speediest possible recovery of your lives. As for those who have taken advantage of the opportunity to mock and deface this foum: X#?Q%&* THEM!
Roberto Pinardi

Friend

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Dear Mark anf family.

You've got a friend....

All the best

Roberto
Ron

Post by Ron »

Mark - Words can't begin to express our concerns for you and your fellow citizens. Pleased to hear you and your wife were able to evacuate in a timely manner. Our thoughts and prayers remain with all of you.
D.Bonori

New Orleans

Post by D.Bonori »

Mark,
very happy in reading that you and your family are safe.
All the best
Davide
Alvina

greatly relieved

Post by Alvina »

We knew it was going to be bad, but no one could imagine this much destruction. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. We pretty much decided the Red Cross was the best bet in our choice of charities to send a donation. It's good to see you ditto that.
Take care and a lot of people are thinking of you all.
Alvina

Burt after Andrew

Post by Alvina »

I forgot to mention that after hurricane Andrew I heard a message on my car radio saying that Burt and the orchestra along with Alan Thicke who was the opening act would perform a concert the next evening and all agreed to send all the money to the victims. They were in town entertaining for a corporate function. It wasn't a sell out but in light of the one day notice I thought very good. I gathered 2 lady friends and off we went.
Nikray

Post by Nikray »

Mark, Let me add to the calls and prayers that you and your family are safe...I pray for every person struck by storm!!!

Again great to hear from you...take care!!!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Glad to hear you're ok Mark.

Andrew