Screw you, Burt

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

rowan

patriotism

Post by rowan »

I must comment. There is something very wonderful about having a political debate on the Burt Baccarach home page.
Since when is critisizing the administration "Un-american"? It IS American. Remember the American Revolution? This country was founded by those whose critisized their administration.
Also, people who OPPOSE the war with Iraq SUPPORT THE TROOPS by wanting them safe at home helping their own country. Not out risking their lives uneccesarily.
I think New Orleans could have used some of their own National Guard. Was Fema slow to respond? Fema had NO ONE to send to respond. They had to RECRUIT more National Guard. Wake up people!! THERE WAS NO ONE TO SEND!! This country IS completely defenseless thanks to the "liberation" of Iraq.
Finally, It ABSOLUTLY IS the responsibility of the musican, artist, actor to speak out against what they feel is wrong!! They are people of tremendous power and should use their influence whenever possible to make the world a better place. It is disgusting to me when someone with that kind of power chooses not to speak for what they believe in instead wasting their lives on booze, drugs and even worse... APATHY

Post by Guest »

You fucking yanks deserve all thats coming to you!

Murdering losers.....

Zionist stooges

:twisted:
scalene

bravo, Burt!

Post by scalene »

i've been a fan for ages, love your music, love what you said about Bush. will make a point of buying your new CD!
Hayden Fawkes

Post by Hayden Fawkes »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05246/565143.stm
As the National Guard delivered food to the New Orleans convention center yesterday, American Red Cross officials said that federal emergency management authorities would not allow them to do the same.

Other relief agencies say the area is so damaged and dangerous that they doubted they could conduct mass feeding there now.

"The Homeland Security Department has requested and continues to request that the American Red Cross not come back into New Orleans," said Renita Hosler, spokeswoman for the Red Cross.

"Right now access is controlled by the National Guard and local authorities. We have been at the table every single day [asking for access]. We cannot get into New Orleans against their orders."

National Guard is under the orders of FEMA. FEMA had more to do with Kitrina being a disaster than Bush, though, they are under the guidence of Bush being little more than suguestions than anything else...that is untill they take control of this country. Saying Bush is responsible for the disaster of Kitrina is technically innacurate, FEMA created the crisis of starvation and riots by intentionaly denying food and water to the people they ordered to go to the super dome for their "safety". FEMA controled all the in and out traffic into the area and confinscated trucks carrying donations of food and water as well from Walmart and other private citizens wanting to help. FEMA created the crisis, and as a result gun confiscation and eviction of private property ensued....Doesn't sound American to me, gun confiscation and all. According to the Executive orders that were brought into law by Clinton (and you thought a stain on a dress was his only treasonous offence?). Burt, get a clue man, this stuff is never simple and it's always worse than ineptitude, its intentional. FEMA can do any damn thing they want; here they are in no perticular order:

Executive Order Number 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency to interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and funding. An "emergency czar" was appointed. FEMA has only spent about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies. The bulk of their funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign or domestic.

Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.

Executive Order 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

Executive Order 10995 allows Seizure of all communications media in the United States.

Executive Order 10997 allows Seizure of all electric power fuels and minerals, public and private.

Executive Order 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

Executive Order 10999 allows Seizure of all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control of highways, seaports and waterways.

Executive Order 11000 allows Seizure of all American people for work forces under federal supervision including the splitting of families if the government finds it necessary.

Executive Order 11001 allows seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, public and private.

Executive Order 11002 empowered the postmaster general to register all men, women and children in the U.S.

Executive Order 11003 allows seizure of all airports and aircraft.

Executive Order 11004 allows seizure of all housing and finance authorities to establish Forced Relocation Designated areas to be abandoned as "unsafe."

Executive Order 11005 allows seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, public and private.

Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Executive Order 12919 Signed June 3, 1994, by President Clinton. Encompasses all the above executive orders.
Hayden Fawkes

Post by Hayden Fawkes »

Oh yeah, and all you mindless doodie heads using roul language and nasty insults give us conservatives a bad name. Your not a Conservative, your a Government worshiper. Shame on you all. The Great Founding Fathers would be ashamed of you. For those of you that just spout nonsensical "talking points" you heard some pundit say, here is a definition for you to get re-aquainted with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism
I know thinking for your self can be challenging at first, but on the bright side, it gets easier and more fun the more you do it.
Remember: Government hates you, thats why we made the Bill of Rights in the first place.
nobody

when somebody sprays graffiti on your house, what do you do

Post by nobody »

This is how these people operate. They respond to policy criticism with personal abuse and blatant lies -- the assertion that the 9/11 commission report supposedly contains details of supposed Iraqi WMD's being an obvious example. It's sad that these assholes are running America, but they don't have to run your website. This thread, for instance, should just be deleted.
Anon

Pardon him for having an opinion

Post by Anon »

What's the matter? A songwriter is not supposed to have an opinion? It's ok for other high profile entertainment folks to blindly support Bush but not for someone to blindly oppose him? HELLO!!! This is America, there is freedom of speech, whether you agree with the speech or not. Anyone who would like to silence Burt B. and castigate him in the most vulgar ways might as well go sign up with the Taliban or Al Queda. Or better yet, go get a Nazi flag, wrap yourself in it then jump in a lake. Liberty, people. LIBERTY!!!

Do you expect the guy who put music to "What the world needs now...." to be a hawk??? Come on people, think about that one for just a second.
Westerly Jeff

Post by Westerly Jeff »

I have never seen such hate between fellow Americans. Either most of the posts including the Original poster are in the 5th grade. Or we live in a country of people with thier heads up thier arse.
People are going to war to protect the rights of the American people. And here we have people who damn a person for using thier right to freedom of speech.
I dont see people lining up to enlist themselves in this war. So it's ok for someone else to go off to die for this country as long as its not you.
You people are sick. Go get help.

Post by Guest »

President George W Bush is NOT terrible person all of you are Making him out to be I Am proud of Him as Commander chief I dotn live haterd jealousy uin My heart WE were Attacked 9/11 By the terriost who are Jealousy of

Post by Guest »

Mr. Administrator Please Stop the Bashing of The President. It has to stop Now. It's not right For anyone to Say negtive stuff about him. not right to Spread Lies About Bush. I Am offened By it

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:President George W Bush is NOT terrible person all of you are Making him out to be I Am proud of Him as Commander chief I dotn live haterd jealousy uin My heart WE were Attacked 9/11 By the terriost who are Jealousy of
gotta love that - your typical bush supporter: ignorant, can't spell, can't even put a coherent sentence together. be proud of yourself, moron. it's people like you that are turning my beloved country into a shithole of corruption, lies and an absence of morality. YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO EVEN REALIZE THAT YOU'RE STUPID.

PLEASE DON'T VOTE! YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE PRIVILEGE.
U2samiko

Burt's Response to Hurricane Katrina

Post by U2samiko »

Once upon a time in America we actually could have a difference of opinion without being labled un-patriotic or some kind of demonic-idiot. If you think differently from what Burt thinks good for you. But if you feel better about what you think when no one elses opinion but yours can be heard, I pitty you.

Post by Guest »

hey here's a little talking point for y'all:

have of you ignorant bush supporters noticed that since 9/11 NO TERRORIST HAS DENIED YOU ANY FREEDOMS. ONLY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION HAS.

you're all up in arms about fighting terrorists who are supposedly "attacking your freedoms"...will someone please point out ONE, just ONE freedom that any terrorist has denied you? on the other hand, from the "Patriot Act" to many other laws passed in the wake of 9/11, YOUR government has demolished the Constitution and done away with most of its protections of YOUR rights.

so please, stop waving the flag and parroting the propaganda nonsense spewing out of d.c. and learn the facts. THE ONLY PEOPLE DENYING YOU FREEDOMS, THE ONLY THREAT TO YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT. no terrorist, no saddam, no foreigner has ANY power whatsoever to deny you ANYTHING. only your government does - and has and will continue to do so UNTIL YOU PEOPLE WAKE UP AND REALIZE WHO THE REAL ENEMY IS.
Revolutionary

Burt Rocks!

Post by Revolutionary »

Burt is right Bush is the worst President in the history of our great country. Look at our own United States History. We fought the British who wanted to control & tax us for their own benefit. We fought off the British in much the same way the so called insurgents are fighting our troops now. We invaded a country and killed ???? innocent civilians and Bush put our troops in a no win situation, SUPPORT OUR TROOPS....DEMAND THEY LEAVE IRAQ NOW.

Re: you

Post by Guest »

His largest mistake was taking gthe money away from N.O., like he is havin all states do!

California has barely any money to deal with an earthquake!

Stop watching, Fox News and CNN and start reading some other news outlets that are not on the payroll!

republicans = poor americans, rich business (there are more americans then businesses in the U.S!)

This has to stop, you all act like you want to be part of the ruling club, you will never be unless your bloodline matches plain and simple.

You pro-Bush people could give a mil a month and you are still not part of their club, understand this!!

So as poster stated earlier, all you pro-Bush people GO ENLIST!!!

Send your kids to the military, join yourself they have raised all of the maximum ages to 35+ so no excuses!!

End of argument: Bush Administration is EVIL if you don't see this you need to turn off the television for a week and do google searches instead, you will be amazed!!

read Dark Alliance to find out some on GHWB, and get an idea why Junior is there if you still don't get it.

Go burt!!

tracyv

worstnightmare wrote:You sit and slam GW ForThe hurricane. You say if he would of signed whatever documents it would not have happened. Is GW God? Hell No. Did he put New Orleans Below sea level? No... Did these people have the option to leave on there own with a warning? Yes... Is he soppose to kill off hurricane Wilma before it hits Florida? How is he soppose to stop it? The people know it's coming. Are you going to blam him for this now? Stop pointing fingers and go live in Irac. You un-american pieces of crap. You make me sick.

:twisted: