Dionne recording with Aretha next week

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

GehVorbei

Dionne recording with Aretha next week

Post by GehVorbei »

A message from DW from her homepage:

hi everybody,

i do hope you all had a blessed and glorious easter. mine was a bit hectic, however, it ended up being hectically wonderful.

i am at the end of recording this week. i'll be flying to detroit to record the last duet with aretha franklin. i know it will be fab!

unfortunately, gladys knight will not be on the cd as previously reported to you all. it has to do with contractual stuff, and needless to say, she and i are both very disappointed, but as we, (she and i) both realize, sometimes things just don't work out the way we plan.

even though i will miss her, the cd will be wonderful.

this has been a very busy month for me with recording, and unfortunately having to hospitalize my sister, but thank GOD she is home and doing exceptionally well at this time.

new photos will be on the way as i had a photo shoot last week, and i like what i see, and hope all of you will too.

in-between all of the above, i helped move my sister into her new apartment, and now she is living with a few boxes (no fun, i'm a witness), for a while, but it is all coming together, and it will be a beautiful place for her.

i will be getting back to all of you as soon as i have info on the actual release date for the cd and i hope all of you will converge upon your local record stores, and take a friend (smile).

that's it for now

until next time

dionne