Saw Burt Last Night

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Myron

Saw Burt Last Night

Post by Myron »

I am new to the forum but have been a Burt fan since the 60's. It was great seeing him on the finale of "American Idol". Including him in this high-rated telecast is quite a tribute in itself. It was great seeing Dionne and the contestants sing a few of Burt's hits, too. Great to be aboard.
Paula13

Post by Paula13 »

Welcome, Myron :D
Take a look at the postings on the topic of American idol :D
Paula13

Post by Paula13 »

Lol, Myron...don't feel like you are the only one that has been a fan of Burt's since the 60's :D
I was in my teens ....circa late 60's ..early 70's....still going to see all the rock bands in Portchester, NY (Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Poco, Cream, Rod Stewart, etc)
.....but i still was kinda out of sync ..in a way..with kids my age...because anytime Burt or Dionne Warwick came to my parents kind of theatre...I would go there by myself...alone....dressed in "evening wear". I guess, in those days, my peers were to hip to be square to go to those kind of concerts..lol :D
Now..."Here I Am"......in my 50's...still a Burt groupie................ :D
Alvina

Old Fans lol

Post by Alvina »

I am so loving all you guys that think you are old fans. I Became a real fan in 1969. That Christmas i was looking through the Columbia record club catolog for a gift for my dad. I was thinking Dad likes instrumental etc. Burt bacharach .....hum instrumental. So I ordered the "Reach Out" album. I took a listen before I was going to wrap it for him. My dad never got that one. It was love at first listen and how often does that happen? Well real soon after that came the Kraft Burt specials and oh my, I took one look at this amazing and gorgeous creature and it has been a lifelong love affair with the man and his music. I am so grateful God blessed me in getting to know this man and his music. It was truly a gift from God.
All my love to all you kindred spirits in this love of good music that will last till the end of time.