Has anyone seen the new Dionne Warwick - Story DVD??

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Krister

Has anyone seen the new Dionne Warwick - Story DVD??

Post by Krister »

Hi guys, :D

Has anyone of you bought the new DVD with Dionne Warwick and seen it?? I have not bought it yet so I would love to know more about it

Regards,

Krister
alpaige

New Dionne DVD

Post by alpaige »

I have it and it's great, definitely worth getting. The concert is wonderful, Di is in very good voice thruout, better than the Syracuse Jazz Festival DVD. The setlist is longer and includes the Bacharach "movie themes" medley. There is an additional DVD which contains a 90 minute doco called Don't Make Me Over, there's nothing in it that a diehard fan wouldn't already know but nevertheless it's a nice tribute. Also on the second DVD is an interview conducted before a live audience of performing arts students at a university in the UK which is very interesting. Dionne is very frank in the interview, very funny in places, and makes some strong points about the quality of today's music business.
dionne4ever

Post by dionne4ever »

I ordered mine at amazon.com.uk. thanks a lot for the great review...am looking forward to enjoying it.

Btw, i bought a dvd in Amsterdam (Fame Music) of what is supposedly the first live TV concert of Dionne. Taped in the 1980's, she was in some GREAT form. "Heartbreaker", "I'll Never Love This Way Again", "Friends In Love", "Yours" were sung so good that I just have to repeat watching the DVD every other day. The stand out song, to my mind, however, was her take on "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow", The only glitch is that the makers of this DVD chose to do away with the spiels and in the process made the concert look disjointed...with some songs actually cut short in the beginning. And the sound quality is not as good as it should be. But those defects cannot distract from the top form that Dionne was in when the concert was held.

I would love to see a better edit of this concert.

:)