Burt Bacharach and his Thoroughbreds- Question

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Rococoms

Burt Bacharach and his Thoroughbreds- Question

Post by Rococoms »

I am trying to locate information about a horse was, at last known time, owned by Burt Bacharach.

In 2003, I was a Veterinary Technician at an Equine Hospital in Del Mar when "Dancing Warrior" (a 2000 bay gelding, by Lear Fan out of Danseuse Du Soir) was brought in, having eviscerated his small intestine following a routine castration at the track. He was at our hospital over a month, and survived his illness despite all odds. He had just been purchased by Burt Bacharach at the time, and Dancing Warrior showed incredible determination and will to live by overcoming his severe illness and returning to the track.

The following year, the horse raced sucessfully many times for Bacharach, under trainer Julio Canani, winning over $75,000 at the track, until fracturing sesmoids in a race at Del Mar in September, 2005. I have been trying, unsucessfully, to locate information about what happened to this horse after his injury- whether or not he was euthanized, or (as I can only hope), administered whatever medical or surgical intervention was required, and might still be around somewhere.

I am curious to know if Mr. Bacharach has a farm where his TB's are kept when retired from, or laid up from racing, or if not, if anyone knows what typically happens to retired Bacharach horses. This is not a slam, or a slander- I simply want to find out what happened to this incredibly remarkable horse, who many years later I still cannot shake from my memory. If this horse needed a home as simply a pet, companion horse or in any capacity, I would be proud to open my home to him.

Thank you in advance for any information anyone is able to shed onto this topic.