New Bacharach music at Target?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

New Bacharach music at Target?

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Check out billboard.com today for an article on 180 Music, a new (Target-exclusive) label whose first releases will hit shelves on February 25. Apparently among their offerings is a Phil Ramone-produced disc with performers such as Brian Wilson, Carole King and our man Burt each contributing a remake of an old hit and a brand new song. Can't wait!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks NYMusicalsGuy.

This finally explains the mysterious "New Music From An Old Friend" release. Apparently, it's a Phil Ramone record on which Burt provides one of the songs.

I was hoping this might be a new Bacharach solo record, but seeing as it took Burt 25 years to release his last new solo album, that was probably a little overly optimistic on my part...
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Check out

http://www.180music.com/spotlight/featu ... music.html

and click on the album cover for the full track list for the new Target CD. Looks to be really exciting for Burt fans -- two new songs ("What Love Can Do" performed by Brian Wilson and "I Still Remember" performed by Burt & John Pagano), plus Burt & Peabo Bryson on "Alfie". A glance at the other discs in this series show that a PAINTED FROM MEMORY track appears on one, too, and on the whole this looks like a very neat batch of CDs for fans of Burt, Brian, Carole King, Paul Williams, etc.
Alvina

New CD

Post by Alvina »

I thank you and this forum created by the sweetest guy. I have been looking for this album to order for awhile now and because of all of you and in this case "nymusicalsguy" I found it......thanks so much. Love to you all, Alvina