Who arranged these Dionne songs?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

grooverider

Who arranged these Dionne songs?

Post by grooverider »

In the soundtrack to "The Love Machine", Dionne Warwick sings two songs: "Amanda" and "He's Moving On". Although neither song was written by Bacharach & David, the team did produce these two songs. Who arranged these songs? I assume that Artie Butler, who was the composer of the music score and conducted the rest of the album's music did the arranging, but I'm not sure. Anyone know? It seems kind of unusual that at that time (1970, I believe), they would produce Dionne Warwick tracks that they did not themselves write, much less not do the arranging. I know Dionne did the "Soulful" album at this time and that it did not involve Bacharach & David in any way. Thanks for any help!
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I seem to recall that on "He's Moving On" it was Artie Butler, who, is a great person, by the way...
Artie has done many important arrangements of hit songs...
He was able to kind of "capture" that Bacharach trumpet rhythm, eh?
blueonblue

AMANDA..

Post by blueonblue »

When I first heard this song I was convinced it was by Bacharach/David
but I was wrong (as usual).....it's by Mark Lindsay and Artie Butler
great arrangement, and a "haunting" performance from Dionne.......

"blue"
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: AMANDA..

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

blueonblue wrote:When I first heard this song I was convinced it was by Bacharach/David
but I was wrong (as usual).....it's by Mark Lindsay and Artie Butler
great arrangement, and a "haunting" performance from Dionne.......

"blue"
I like this song... sounds like someone trying to definitely copy the unique Bacharach style.