Burt Soundstage Special

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Burt Soundstage Special

Post by warbachavid »

Airing this week on PBS.
Dennis Webb

Bacharach & Isley on Soundstage

Post by Dennis Webb »

To find out what time your local PBS station is airing this special, enter your zip code or state into the boxes at the bottom of this webpage:

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/aird ... 236&snum=3

For Washington DC area (WETA) it's 12:00 am July 12 and 4:00 am July 12.
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

“Soundstageâ€￾: Ron Isley teams with Burt Bacharach for a performance billed as a “renovationâ€￾ of some of the composer’s many hits, including “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head,â€￾ “Alfieâ€￾ and “The Look of Love.â€￾ 10 p.m., PBS, WRLK-35, cable ch. 11, digital ch.801
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Saw it for the first time last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've only listened to the Burt / Ron CD twice and was not particularly impressed with Isley's interpretations; however, I'll give it another try. Soundstage performance was just great and they both appeared pleased with their collaboration!
steveo

Post by steveo »

Ron,
I am in agreement with you...it is very different this Bacharach/Isley collaboration-takes a bit of getting used to, although Mr. Isley is an excellent singer. I did see the soundstage special recently. Enjoyed the orchestrations. Ron, i think i saw one of your performances in the early 90's at a local restaurant in Covina,Calif.(if you are the gentleman
that does the Elvis thing)you were very good.
take care.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

steveo:

Gave the Isley / Bacharach CD another listen and did appreciate it more after watching Soundstage the other night; however, as far as I'm concerned - there are no new "definitive" versions here. I consider them to be excellent interpretations. Burt was great!

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for the "Elvis" impersonator's performance you saw in Covina. While vacationing in Las Vegas a few years ago I saw "my name" on Caesar's Palace marquee. I introduced myself to "Ron Hertel" and handed him my business card. He nearly "flipped"! It was the first time either of us met someone who shared our name (not as common as John Smith - you know!). He really does look like Elvis! Note: one of my clients saw his name in lights and accused me of moonlighting!
steveo

Post by steveo »

thank you for your response ron...and about the elvis story.
thank ah vera muttttchhh......lol
Toms

Anyone have copy of the Soundstage special

Post by Toms »

Hi missed the Ron Isley, Burt Bacharch broadcast here in Detroit.
Anyone taped the show. Will pay for postage,, tape whatever.
Thanks
Tom