Burt Bacharach's Beginnings

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

steveo_1965

Burt Bacharach's Beginnings

Post by steveo_1965 »

Everybody has to have a starting place....and even the great Burt
did, albeit many moons ago...
A friend of mine is going to be traveling to Kansas City in a couple of weeks
and wants to see Burt Bacharach's birthplace....We need to know if the house still stands where Burt was born. Also, my friend wasnts to visit
any schools in Kansas City that Burt may have attended as a child....At least to view the School building from the outside...
Any information on the locale of Burt Freeman Bacharach's beginnings
in Kansas City would be appreciated...

Steveo
Steve Schenck

Re: Burt Bacharach's Beginnings

Post by Steve Schenck »

Sorry, Steve - no can do! I wish I could. Sounds like an interesting "pilgrimage" and I wish your friend well. I have all I can do to keep up with visiting all the musical places Burt has wandered over the last 50 years and more, and tried to take us all along to! He's quite a traveller! Steve
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Steve,
We are searching for people from that area who may know sometinhg about his beginnings...
Perhaps the Chamber of Commerce. or the Public library over there....

Steveo
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

As a matter of interest I looked up Darius Milhaud's entry in Wikipedia. Until then it proclaimed Dave Brubeck as Monsieur Milhaud's most famous protege.
But I changed that pdq. Darius Milhaud wrote music that changed key and time signature. I must get some to see if there is an audible influenceon Burt's work (to my non-musician's ears)... and then discuss it with any musician I can find.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

there is mention of jackson county(near kansas city,mo.)or jackson,mo. still looking into burt's birthplace.
Steveo