Diana Krall

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

Diana Krall

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

I read that Diana Krall would be releasing a new CD with songs that Burt along with her husband, Elvis, composing the songs. However, I went to her site a few moments ago and read that her new CD ("From This Moment On") features songs that were written by other composers. I was so looking forward to enjoying some new compositions by Burt and/or Elvis being the centerpiece of Diana's new CD. What happened to that project?
pljms

Re: Diana Krall

Post by pljms »

Calm down. 'From this Moment On' was released last year so can hardly be described as her 'new' cd.
Paul
pljms

Post by pljms »

'From this Moment On' was actually released in September 2006, so it's positively ancient.
Paul
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Burt himself made mention of the project with Diana & Elvis, information that was later repeated in the liner notes to Ace's wonderful ALWAYS SOMETHING THERE compilation, so I would think the project is definitely happening. Still, in the music business, things often seem to take a long time...let's just cross our fingers that it happens in good time!