Award for Who`ll Speak For Love- Trijntje

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Award for Who`ll Speak For Love- Trijntje

Post by Marcel »

Trijntje Oosterhuis was nominated for her BURT BACHARACH SONGBOOK - Who`ll Speak For Love, but yesterday it was for sure that she won this award.
This award is to compare with the Grammy Awards and called in the Netherlands the Edison (called after Thomas Edison).
She will receive the award at the 28e this month about a year after the release of the album!
The dutch jury was very impressed the way she performed the work from the great MAESTRO!!
But i gues that the influence from BURT with the album is also a part of it!

Kind Regards
Marcel :D
Roberto Pinardi

Re: Award for Who`ll Speak For Love- Trijntje

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

great report:
Diary, 28 October
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
Dear all!
What a week! The new tour, a 2-day-trip to Dubai to play with my band and last but not least my visit to Italy last Monday to perform with Burt Bacharach! Isn’t that incredible?
I’m writing this diary while waiting on the airport for my flight home and I just don’t know where to start…
I am still so excited about the tour that I’m doing with Leonardo. Every show runs on adrenaline, it is so great! And we really enjoy all the reactions of the audience. We try to give everyone the perfect show, so we take all comments very serious!
Then Dubai: we had the privilage to play on a open air party in the garden of a beautiful place. It is so lovely to have a summers day in October! Very funny to see that even 5000 kilometers away from home you always run into Dutch people.
When I came back home from Dubai I opened my mailbox and saw the invitation to go to Italy and to perform with Burt in the beautiful ‘Teatro Verdi’ in Florence.Guess what? I didn’t have to think twice for the first time in my life hahaha!
A big ‘wow’ is all that I can say. This theatre has one thing written all over it: HISTORY.
I am really curious to know if anyone who reads this diary was there in Italy??? If so: please let me know if you liked it!
Now: back to normal life. Tonight we are gonna play in a Dutch theatre. It ain’t the Teatro Verdi, but I love it just as much.
Love,Traincha

Thanks Traincha

Roberto
pljms

Post by pljms »

What a shame Trijntje Oosterhuis is barely known outside the Netherlands because her two Bacharach songbook albums deserved to be hits worldwide.
Paul
cipus

Post by cipus »

I'm very happy for this news, because i think that Traincha ( her international nickname ) is the only true international performer of a good number of Bacharach's songs. She got a sincere passion for this kind of music and her version of the hits are always correct and respectful of the original standards. Maybe in the next future she'll reserve something new for the Italian Bacharach Fan Club......or we almost hope it! See you soon in Italy, Traincha! Claudio Novelli
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Roberto: You performed WITH Burt?? Did you meet him and talk to him? Where you there when he was rehearsing? Please! Give us some inside information and what it was like!
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

The report :Form Trijntje

Bye

Bob
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

Wonderful misunderstanding. You have to laugh, don't you.
Hank

Post by Hank »

One thing (amongst others) that I'm very grateful to Trijntje for is letting me clearly hear the line "in the window of this poor, forlorn and broken home" from This House is Empty Now. What a great line. Her version ain't half bad either. Any chance that's Burt on piano ?
I wonder if her tour includes the US. I'd be interested to see her....
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I need to learn how to read better/more carefully! LOL!!