IMHO, best undiscovered Philly Soul song, (Y Tube link)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

igtmfo33

IMHO, best undiscovered Philly Soul song, (Y Tube link)

Post by igtmfo33 »

So good it's never been on CD, (even LP I think ever.. wow what happened ..)

But greatness can't be hidden. It has three scratchy 45s playing on You Tube ... including ...

Frederick Knight's "Betcha Didn't Know That ..." ... yeah the "I've Been Lonely For So Long" dude .. Frederick wrote this and wow, great verse, chorus, and all else from intro to outro ... check out that bitching bass player esp. on the choruses ... (anyone know who that is? ..)

Hope all this isn't off Burt topic, but the best Stylistics, Delfonics, Thom Bell etc. work including this tune should find supporters on this board I hope, sorry to waste anyone's time otherwise ...

This reminds me of my fav Charlie Rich single "A Part Of Your Life" that got put on a "best of Vol 2" LP way back when but never found its way to CD until a recent compilation .. I love finding the beautiful modest girls in the small town/backwater/honky tonks/tbars. They existed until recently, but can they be found nowadays?