Just an introduction - Burt related of course =)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Barbrach

Just an introduction - Burt related of course =)

Post by Barbrach »

Hi everyone, I'm new here.
I'd just like to say a few things - express my admiration for Burt; though I'm not a Bacharach expert, I can only say how much I LOVE and value the part of his work that I've known so far... I'm a relatively new fan.
The song that made me interested in Burt, was "Close to you" (unexpected?). After I heard this performance - with Burt and Barbra Streisand at the piano (heaven, wasn't it!) I knew I'd become a fan of this man.

So right now, I'm on the search of Burt stuff and hungry for his beautiful music.
I'd really enjoy some good Burt discussions with all you BB fans - come on people, there are 233 (I think) of us here! Let's talk Burt! And who knows, he may even listen to us 8)

Greetings to all
Alvina

To barbrach

Post by Alvina »

Welcome, hope this is just first of many posts and you get as much pleasure from it as we all have. I am going to see him in Ft. Myers in Fl. at the end of this month and as many times as I have seen him in concert I get the same joyful feeling each time. I will try to send a small post of the experience soon. Take care and hope you enjoy a lot.
Alvina
Barbrach

Post by Barbrach »

Thank you Alvina - Burt in concert... gee, something I'll never be able to enjoy, hope you have a great time! Really.
:)