Burt concert in Pala, CA - Mar 19th

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

heartlight

Burt concert in Pala, CA - Mar 19th

Post by heartlight »

Well, better late than never with some comments about Burt's concert on 3/19.

I can only reiterate what Vincent and Joan have written about their experiences at the respective concerts they attended.

Another unforgettable show in an intimate venue with Burt and the audience in great form, which established a good rapport. I met a woman who had won tickets to the concert but had never really been a fan...She told me how won over she was by the magic of that evening and stood one hour in line after buying his CD to have Burt autograph it. YOu know the line-up of the music ...all those timeless numbers as well as the new ones on ATT...what can I say ....how can you improve on perfection ??

I wanted to thank Pamela once again for taking my photo with the Maestro and also with the charming and talented John Pagano. What patience and stamina Burt had that evening....signing at least 200 CD's. My copy of ATT had already been autographed by him at the Orleans in November but I turned the page and had him sign once more. I needed that opportunity for a photo-op. He is just so endearing !

Fortunately, it seems that Burt is returning to San Diego on Aug 20th . If anyone plans on attending, please let me know. Take care everyone !
vincent.cole

Reply: Heartlight

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Heartlight;

From your review it seem like a, "Magic Moment"!

What else could it have been?! 8)

Thanks for sharing your joy!
Take care;

Vincent
Alvina

Great review

Post by Alvina »

Hey lady...so glad to read your excellent report. I just wish I could be in San Diego. As you know I was there on a milestone birthday......I always travel west on these bad times. It gives me 3 more hours to be a bit younger lol. What a beautiful city to see a Burt concert. I will post a little something about Ft. Myers soon when I get back to normal, whatever that is. I hope I have some decent pictures. My camera batteries went bad after only a few.
Talk to you soon,
Alvina