Bacharach/Warwick

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

KeithBurke

Bacharach/Warwick

Post by KeithBurke »

Sorry.
Last edited by KeithBurke on Fri May 19, 2006 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
cawamedia

Dionne's songs

Post by cawamedia »

Many thank's for great "forgotten" songs! :D
Another big fan of Burt and his music. I met Burt Bacharach in Stockholm for the Polar Music Price awards!
Bill Minnick

"Apple Tree"

Post by Bill Minnick »

Sorry, I meant to post this message here originally (not under the "Arthur" thread). Anyway...

I've always enjoyed this lesser-known song, but I get the impression that its creators struggled with the song's direction. Coming out of the bridge, it sounds like a somewhat rough edit was made to bring the chorus back in...suggesting, perhaps, that they'd tried to take the song to a different place (or merely shortened the organ solo) but just couldn't come up with anything else they were happy with. The song does have an unfinished quality to it (to my ears anyway).

Anyone else have a similar or different take on it?
FK

Post by FK »

Keith,

Thank you for all the downloads you have provided us.

Best regards,

FK
FK
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Sorry, guys, but shouldn´t we keep the "sharing" to material that is out of print. All of these tracks are available through commercial sources.
Suzklau

Post by Suzklau »

Hi Keith,
I can't say thank you enough for posting all of these songs - I haven't heard a lot of them! I have to say there is nothing like the classic 60s-70s Bacharach sound! Not that I don't love everything he does, but I have to say my heart is with the earlier stuff. It is so cool to hear these songs for the first time.

Cheers
Susan