Burt and Dionne on Idol Tonight!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Tom1234

Burt and Dionne on Idol Tonight!

Post by Tom1234 »

Watch for Burt and Dionne on American Idol tonight!
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Burt Bacharach, winner of Seven Grammy Awards, Three Academy Awards, Two Tonys, Six Number One Records, Sixty Six Top 40 Hits and FourMarriages, joins his muse The Legendary Dionne Warwick on three songs Live on the finale of American Idol on FOX Tonight at 8pm!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

As always;

It's great to see Burt & Dionne on stage together
:!:
Take care;

Vincent
Paula13

Post by Paula13 »

Burt and Dionne...along with theAmerican Idol contests...singing a medley of his hits was totally awesome 8)
Gee..when did Burt start wearing glasses???????
Tom1234

Very Cool

Post by Tom1234 »

Great exposure for Burt to the youngins of the world. Of course they have heard Burts music in movies, commercials, radio, elevators.
Now they can put a face to the songs. Nice they gave him a whole segment to run through some of the great songs. Highlight had to be Kevin Covais singing Whats New Pussy Cat. Adding Dionne to the mix very cool.
divinemsm

Post by divinemsm »

Wonderful to see Burt featured on Idol tonight along with Dionne. :D
Steve Schenck

Burt on Idol

Post by Steve Schenck »

What a great segment! I was so excited to see hear that they were going to do a medley of his classic hits. And then to have Burt himself come out. The songs chosen were wonderful and, though brief pieces, the performers did a good job with them. Though just a passing piece in a bigger show, the segment showed the classic BB/HD talent to tower above so much of what passes today as "hit music." And then to have Dionne come out as well! THough she seemed unable to hit the higher notes, she looked good and I thought the audience gave her a warm and enthusiastic reception. It was a great night for all of us Burtmaniacs!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I thought Dionne in particular looked and sounded fantastic.

The "Idols" on the hand... :twisted:
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Some things are meant to be - and this was one of them! Watched the Bacharach/Warwick/Idol segment on the airport gate television monitor in Chicago last night. Bad weather delayed my flight by 2 hours so I was able to see it as it was broadcast instead of viewing a recording upon my return to California. What a treat to see Burt & Dionne together when I attended the 45th Anniversary Warwick Tribute at the Kodak Theater in January followed by their encore performance at the Kodak last night on the highest rated and most watched program on network television. I've heard rumors about some potential Burt & Dionne joint concerts this year. Perhaps this will be the catalyst that "gets the ball rolling". Think of the millions and millions of people who were totally unaware of the fact that the great songs (familiar to them) performed during that segment were composed by Burt Bacharach and Hal David with many of the definitive versions of those songs recorded by the inimitable Dionne Warwick! "It's gonna be a great year" for Burt & Dionne with more and more people DISCOVERING WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW!
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

DARN missed this! Anyone know if this segment will be repeated! Greetings to all, MissYvonne
Marcel

nice pic!

Post by Marcel »

very nice pictures from burt and dionne on american idols!
(see yahoo!)

Kind regards
Marcel :D
Paula13

Post by Paula13 »

I agree with you, Ron Hertel...I was thinking the same thing....that is....most of those kids on American Idol probably had no idea who Burt was...........altho' they all were probably familiar with his songs.
And what wonderful exposure for Burt's legacy (no that he needs any) that 42 million other kids and people viewing American Idol...got to see the genious onstage..and due credit.
And oh my...I have not seen Dionne and him together in a while....prob since the 60's..or 70's (live)...man I am aging myself..LOL!!!
Gee...good news that they may tour.....hope it comes true :D :D
Last edited by Paula13 on Fri May 26, 2006 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paula13

Post by Paula13 »

oh..i forgot..Miss Yvonne.......you will be able to rent the DVD's of this season's American Idol soon...........enjoy :D
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

Thanks for the info about the American Idol Dvds, I must be the only person in the country who doesn't watch the show!