Phil Ramone sells his memoirs

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Phil Ramone sells his memoirs

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/art ... s_memories

This book should be really good, considering how many great musicians, singers, songwriters, etc. Phil worked with. He worked with Burt and I'm sure he has some great stories to tell about Burt. I hope this book is full of them. I can't wait to read it!

In case you can't access the above link, here's what it says:

Phil Ramone binds and sells his memories
Writer: Rebecca Bowen
News, Published online on 06 Aug 2007
Can’t get rid of that snare drum ring? Wish your bedtime stories involved the zany hijinx of Billy Joel and his supposedly mischievous bandmates? Both practical insight and good, old-fashioned hullabaloo are promised in record producer/engineer Phil Ramone’s upcoming memoir, Making Records: The Scenes Behind the Music, out Oct. 9 from Hyperion Books. Having worked with artists like Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, Paul Simon and Burt Bacharach, the 14-time Grammy winner is sure to have some keen tips – and having recorded Marilyn Monroe’s version of “Happy Birthdayâ€￾ to John F. Kennedy, some amusing yarns as well.
mario serra

Phil Ramone's memories

Post by mario serra »

Great news!. He is one of the outstandning producers -engeneers Wizard of a recording Studio. Can't wait to read them.
A perfectionist as well as Burt;he,Herb Alpert - A&M Records Awe him much of their hits. :lol:
Thank you all.Till my next post All the best.
Mario Serra