About the Japan Tour.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Tetsuyarandy

About the Japan Tour.

Post by Tetsuyarandy »

Hi to all the Fans of Mr.Burt Bacharach,

Tonight was Mr.Bacharach's third concert in this Japan tour.
It was just artistic. I had tears when he entered the stage. No big stage effects nor overtures performed by the orchestra. It was just simple and that really made me feel that he himself is a real music ! No need to ask for the gorgeous lighting or the sound effect.
He just walked to the center of the stage and bowed deeply.
I thanked God for being able to attend his live performance here in Japan. I especially liked the instrumental piece which was "For the Children." He explained that it has not been recorded yet. The beginning sounded a little similar to the interlude of his "Lost Horizon". not the sound track Shawn Philip's version but his orginal album version. It has lovely oboe, violin, and flute solo and furthermore the ensemble of the strings were very Bacharach. After the concert I went to the back stage to thank and meet the Maestro. Although the Japanese promoter was very unkind to us that we were told to leave from the backstage door. I just wanted to wave my hands to him therefore I waited outside the gate of the concert hall. An hour has passed and finaly his black limousine came from the back stage. I couldn't see him because the limousine's window was black but I tried to wave my hands. Then a miracle happened. The limousine stopped suddenly and the window was open and Mr.Bacharach was waving his hands to me. Moreover he autographed his signature on my program. I thanked him for the concert and told him that I am teaching general music in high school and also teaching his music to my students.
It was a great night.

Tetsuyarandy
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hey,
Thanks for the great story about backstage..I think it is wonderful
that Burt acknowledges his fans, saw you, told the driver to stop, and took the time to to do this........
Viva, Burt!