Ted Turner is a big Burt fan

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

Ted Turner is a big Burt fan

Post by someonenameddavid »

and his Birthday party is in Atlanta this weekend....

I suppose fans in Georgia might keep their eyes open for their favorite composer.. :wink:

david
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Ted Turner is a big Burt fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

If I were a billionaire like Ted Turner, then I, too, would hire Burt to play at my birthday party. Ted turned 70 years old, by the way.
Steve Schenck

Post by Steve Schenck »

A few years ago, I read or heard that Dan Snyder (Sneider?), the owner of the Washington Redskins, is also a big Burt fan, and that for some family event, perhaps a birthday party, he flew Burt to his home on the Potomac and paid him handsomely to entertain for the evening!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Steve Schenck wrote:A few years ago, I read or heard that Dan Snyder (Sneider?), the owner of the Washington Redskins, is also a big Burt fan, and that for some family event, perhaps a birthday party, he flew Burt to his home on the Potomac and paid him handsomely to entertain for the evening!
If Burt hadn't appeared, I'm sure there would have been "Tears at the Birthday Party"!