Duffy's just released recording of Please Stay

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

pljms

Duffy's just released recording of Please Stay

Post by pljms »

Youtube link below. As has been mentioned before on these pages, this recording is based on the Cryin' Shames' version of the song with the same changes in lyrics and chords. Apparently it's going to be Duffy's next single.

Paul
steveo_1965

Re: Duffy's just released recording of Please Stay

Post by steveo_1965 »

At the risk of commiting heresy, I'm not big on this song as was performed by the Drifters....way back when. It's hard to see how
this oldie could be improved, but I haven't heard the Cryin' Shames
version.There is a link to it on your post, but I was impatient, as it wouldn't load very fast, if at all...
I wish this artist much success on the remake.
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

No, I'm sure it isn't heretic, Steveo - if the Drifters' version was the only one out there of this song it wouldn't be a favourite of mine either. In my opinion, merely by slowing the song down the Cryin' Shames improved on the original, the changes in lyrics and chords not withstanding. Because Duffy simply has to sneeze to have a hit in the UK at the moment, her single release of the song is bound to be successful, which is great news for Burt of course.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Ty Sara!
Steveo