Burt Bacharach & Brazilian music

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

FK

Burt Bacharach & Brazilian music

Post by FK »

Dear friends,
Burt wil be playing in Brazil next month, April. Would the colleagues from this Forum help me in understanding the connections between Burt and Brazilian music.
Some facts I have already collected:
Sergio Mendes included The Look of Love in his albums The Greatest Hits (1966) as well as in the newest Encantos (2008).
Recently Burt himself commented that he admires the work of Ivan Lins, a Brazilian composer.
A Brazilian singer Patty Ascher dedicated a whole album to the songs of Burt Bacharach, arranged in a Bossa Nova style by Roberto Menescal, one of early creators and composers of Bossa Nova.
Vinicius de Moraes, the Girl of Ipanema songwriter with Tom Jobim, considered Burt one of the most talented composers and maestros together with Tom Jobim and Michel Legrand.
Dionne presents herself once a year in Brazil.
I oblige myself to write a report about Burt's presentation, in the style of our superfan Vincent Cole.
Thank you and best regards.
Fernando Kneese
FK
vincent.cole

Re: Burt Bacharach & Brazilian music

Post by vincent.cole »

Olá Fernando;

I told Mark who runs the Burt Forum, not to put that cape on me (lol)! Nor can I leap tall buildings in a single bound!

In my humble judgment, everyone who loves Burt’s Music is a Super Fan!

I am sure you will enjoy the concert!

Please write a post on the forum so all of us can share your joy! :D

Take care;

Vincent