Burt Bacharach - Song By Song

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Fussi

Burt Bacharach - Song By Song

Post by Fussi »

A Happy New Year To All Of You!

A few days ago I ordered this book, and I'm really looking forward to it. Do you know something about it? Is it good?

Love, Mark
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Burt Bacharach - Song By Song

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

It`s an exhaustive tracking of virtually every Bacharach song. Only one or two that weren`t included have come to light since the book`s publication.
My only bitch is that the pseudonymous Mr. Dominic undertook to "analyze" the perfectly obvious lyrics a la Rolling Stone reviewers forty years ago. I`m guessing you`re far too young to recall that era (never mind RS` once-hip record reviews) and so will probably just find yourself a bit puzzled regarding these unnrcessary evaluations.
It`s still THE indispensable guide, `though.
mserra

Re: Burt Bacharach - Song By Song

Post by mserra »

Serene DOMINIC HAS DONE A FINE JOB THAT SHOLD BE INTEGRATED WIth Burt's Most recent encounters with Steven Sater,Jamie Callum, Karima and Mario Biondi. Mario's new CD, that includes:SOMETHING THAT WAS BEAUTIFULL - By Burt Bacharach and Steven Sater- is number 6 this week - on the italian Charts. Not bad.

8) Mario Serra