That Oft-delayed BB Anthology

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

That Oft-delayed BB Anthology

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Wasn`t there a new two- (or three-) disc anthology always just-about-to-be-released on Amazon UK?
I can`t recall the title and I`m too lazy to go back through the archives here; but does anyone know what became (or is to become) of it?
Jan R.

Re: That Oft-delayed BB Anthology

Post by Jan R. »

Do you mean this one:

It's available.
Blair N. Cummings

Oddly enough, I don`t think this is it. There was something with very early material as well as rare `60s stuff that overlapped surprisingly little with other recent anthologies.
It was remarked upon here frequently that the release date was always being kicked up.
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

I believe it's called, "Paradise Island" and it was originally coming out of the UK sometime late '09/early'10. Check out some earlier posts on this title for more info. I believe there was some difficutly getting clearance for some older material, but not sure if that's the reason it was held up.
Blair N. Cummings

You`re right! That is/was/may yet be it!
Go to Amazon UK and you may be placed on a notification list should this thing ever materialise.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »