so what would it take to get Burt to do a few gigs in the UK

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

so what would it take to get Burt to do a few gigs in the UK

Post by someonenameddavid »

Apart from nice weather
:lol:
I could envision him at several festivals, Hay on Wye and Edinburgh maybe, and a couple of Midlands venues: if he did Wolverhampton and Birmingham I would even offer to
translate.
8) Surely there are enough fans in the UK to fill the places.
David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
gillanddon

Re: so what would it take to get Burt to do a few gigs in the UK

Post by gillanddon »

That's true David .. many perfect places around and I feel sure he is a big attraction here in the UK.
JR

Post by JR »

Who could forget the last performance at the Roundhouse

gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

That was amazing! I also saw him at the Festival Hall, in London, with Elvis Costello. Absolutely packed out. I think he would be BRILLIANT at the early Sunday evening spot on the Pyramid stage at the Glastonbury Festival. Leonard Cohen and Neil Diamond achieved major success there. The crowd is definately in the mood of that kind of sound then and will be totally carried away by Burt and his group. Contact the organiser personally and he will do it. It's very glam! The star is choppered in. He will go down a storm believe me. xx And I will be there for sure!