Dear BURT

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Dear BURT

Post by Marcel »

Dear BURT,

2 years ago i had the pleasure to see you live in Rotterdam (The Netherlands) with Trainca.
Today i saw the video on you tube with Ronan Keating in the studio "When Ronan Met Burt".
I must say dear BURT all that travelling of these past years and next year to Australie makes you tired.
Maybe it`s the time fore you to say goodbye to the music industry and rest on youre desereved laurels.
You gave us so many beautifull songs.
A real treasure!
I know that you are a real musician.
As youve sad it once, you are obsessed about music, that`s true.
When i was a young kid (i was 14/15 years old) and saw you on TV i said to myself WOW this man is great !
The way you conducted and played the piano ive never had seen that before !
I was asthonished !
Dear BURT i would like to say MANY THANKS for all youre great great songs, and once again a true and real treasure that you has given to us all !

THANK YOU, THANK YOU !

DEAR MR. BURT BACHARACH

kind regards,

Marcel
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Dear BURT

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Dear Burt,

I know that Marcel means the best for you and wants the best for you. However, I also believe that resting on your laurels is the last thing in the world that you want to do. I believe that composing, recording, travelling and performing is keeping you young, vital and strong. I believe that without those activities you will be one very unhappy genius. So, with all due respect to Marcel, and with love in my heart for you, I hope you keep doing what you have been doing all these decades, and may you never stop!

Love,

An Enormous BB Fan
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

I once heard Burt say "retirement is not an option"............long may he continue !!!

"blue"
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Dear Burt,
You make my next moment possible! Words can't express just what your music does to me. My wish is that you, Hal, and Dionne grace us with something new in the near future. I just can't get enough of the three of you, for you all are the epitome of great music and I commend you for all of your hard work, keen ear, and sensitivity. I am looking forward to your latest endeavor: "The Gift of the Magi" along with everything else that you have in store for us! You just don't know how much joy you have brought to my life and others. You give me reason for living. May God bless you and keep you in his care.
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Heavens alive!! Don't stop now Burt!! As you say ... it isn't an option! Your current wave of concerts are FANTASTIC .. the best in the world.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Dear Burt,
yet able to give so much to the MUSIC !!!!!
We are close to you always, thanks for everything you've got ...

Your fans Italian

The Music of Burt Bacharach - Italian Official Fans Club Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/groups/95216413410/)

Bye
Roberto
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Marcel;

My question to you is, what is Burt going to say goodbye to?! Hey music is in Burt's blood for over 60 years! It's like breathing to him! We don't want to cut off the air supply! I respect what you have to say, but I am know Burt will make that call when the time comes!
Take care;

Vincent
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

Dear Burt:

Please keep going, even if it is just to teach Paul McCartney a little humility

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

I so agree!!