Roy Eldridge...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Roy Eldridge...

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

...will be the subject of a day-long tribute next Friday (Jan. 30) on KCR ( http://www.studentaffairs.columbia.edu/wkcr/ ).
I know this seems annoyingly irrelevant to many here ( possibly excepting Bruce Bernard Williams) but my excuses are
A. Burt was a huge fan of jazz (particularly in the `40s and `50s)
B. There`s not a lot else going on here
Last edited by Blair N. Cummings on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: Roy Eldridge...

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanks Blair for the info, I will most certainly check it out. (I'm sure you meant Friday the 30th). Also in reading WKCR's upcoming features, on Sunday the 25th from 10a.m.—8p.m. the music of Antonio "Tom" Carlos Jobim will be featured—that's his birthday. It's great to know that jazz and swing are still being acknowledged by people such as Colombia University's programming and staff of WKCR! I'm sure there are other jazz buffs on this forum and hopefully they will share their experiences as having such an affinity.
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Roy Eldridge...

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

The schedule for this has been shifted. It now begins Thursday the 29th at 8:00 p.m. and runs until Friday the 30th at 7:45 p.m.