MADE IN PARIS last night on TCM

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

rasputin

MADE IN PARIS last night on TCM

Post by rasputin »

I saw the 1965 movie MADE IN PARIS last night on Turner Classic Movies, starring Ann-Margret and Chad Everett.

It was about a young American woman sent to Paris as a fashion buyer; she gets herself into three heady romantic liaisons, resulting in a big brouhaha amongst her horny suitors. She finally gets sensible and decides to shuck glamorous Paris for a life of boring domesticity Stateside with Chad and his stationwagon loaded with two English sheepdogs...

At any rate, BB/HD's song kept playing, in various guises and orchestrations, throughout the movie, as was the custom in those days. Until this film aired, I never had known that the song actually came from a film...

Only during the end credits did we finally hear a snippet of Trini Lopez' version (found on the LOOK OF LOVE anthology).

For some reason, though, TCM, during its opening and closing commentaries, gave all the musical credit in the film to Quincy Jones; BB/HD were never mentioned.

There was another song, with lyrics, sung in the film, called "A Paris Lullaby", but I don't know if this was a BB?

Comments? More info on the making of this film?

Thanks, Dave
Central Texas, USA